Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Vegetable Broth Seasoning

This is my favorite seasoning in my kitchen. I use it several times a week to season soups and grains.  It replaces the need to buy vegetable broth. I used to buy the organic vegetable broth in the grocery store because it was the only broth I could find without MSG or Yeast Extract which are both neurotoxins. I am pretty vigilant about reading labels and was always disappointed to find either of these ingredients in anything to flavor soups. This is my go to now. 
Vegetable Seasoning Broth Powder
2 c. nutritional yeast flakes
1/2 c. Himalayan crystal salt
2 T. onion powder
1 T. turmeric
2 t. dried dill week
2 t. marjoram
2 t. dried powdered lemon peel
1 t. celery seed
1 t. basil dried
1 t. powdered thyme
1 T. dried parsley

Place all ingredients except parsley in blender in listed order and blend until powdered together.  Add parsley and pulse. Store in an airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment